Portal   Forum   Memberlist   Search   Online Players
  07-21-2018, 07:02 PM

the nightly hijacking of TDM
I posted an announcement in our steam group a few days ago, but wanted to re-post here since its relevant. I've volunteered to host siege nights on **US_GK_Siege** every Wednesday and Friday from 6-12EST. This is to keep siege events on TDM limited to the days they're scheduled, and also to allow players a dedicated siege server to go to after the TDM event ends. I know both RoR and some of our pubbers have shown interest, and it'd be nice to see some old GK faces too. If anyone wants to help, or can offer suggestions on ways to make it more fun, feedback is appreciated.

[Image: eaqogw.png] [Image: 76561198018913673.png]
(08-25-2017, 10:03 PM)LBJ Wrote:  I posted an announcement in our steam group a few days ago, but wanted to re-post here since its relevant. I've volunteered to host siege nights on **US_GK_Siege** every Wednesday and Friday from 6-12EST. This is to keep siege events on TDM limited to the days they're scheduled, and also to allow players a dedicated siege server to go to after the TDM event ends. I know both RoR and some of our pubbers have shown interest, and it'd be nice to see some old GK faces too. If anyone wants to help, or can offer suggestions on ways to make it more fun, feedback is appreciated.

Just make sure the maps are all good ones. You want maps that all play well. All the Native ones do, and some of our smaller more compact custom maps.  Maps that don't have long walks to the flags, and maps that are not mazes, where you have to figure out where the flag is. 
(08-26-2017, 08:38 PM)Leonidas Wrote:  
(08-25-2017, 10:03 PM)LBJ Wrote:  I posted an announcement in our steam group a few days ago, but wanted to re-post here since its relevant. I've volunteered to host siege nights on **US_GK_Siege** every Wednesday and Friday from 6-12EST. This is to keep siege events on TDM limited to the days they're scheduled, and also to allow players a dedicated siege server to go to after the TDM event ends. I know both RoR and some of our pubbers have shown interest, and it'd be nice to see some old GK faces too. If anyone wants to help, or can offer suggestions on ways to make it more fun, feedback is appreciated.

Just make sure the maps are all good ones. You want maps that all play well. All the Native ones do, and some of our smaller more compact custom maps.  Maps that don't have long walks to the flags, and maps that are not mazes, where you have to figure out where the flag is. 

Exactly when are Siege events scheduled for TDM? I haven't seen that posted anywhere, and as far as I can tell it's up to whatever admin's whim whenever they feel like it....
Again...this past week GK admins just swooping into TDM and changing it....no rhyme or reason....they just feel like it.
Yeah, events happen sometimes and they aren't always scheduled in advance. That's nothing new, it has been happening for a long time.
"As far as I was told, these events were running for at most 3 maps once a night. If they are running past that time, then we need to have a chat with the people who are running them and not adhering to the directives." - per JaXm (see his previous post in this thread).

As long as this standard is held to...fine. On the other hand, I noticed that the maximum time for Siege win was upped to 15 minutes - 5 minutes more than the previous norm. I'm watching....
There is nothing wrong with running Siege events on the TDM server. The times I've seen siege events run lately it actually generates more population on the TDM server. There is also more oversight and the events do not overstay their welcome.

You don't like Siege, That's cool. Do something else for an hour or 40 minutes or so while the event runs and come back. The whole "I don't like Siege change it" reason isn't valid, you are one person. Sorry to say, when we do stuff majority of what the server likes goes. Watch all you like, inevitably we can't please everyone.

Toughen up buttercup, it isn't going to hurt you.

[Image: 19.jpg]

[Image: 1.jpg]

Oh Glorious Theme music I have found you.

A Heartbeat that lasts for eternity. Lives consumed in soundless balls of fire. No one can tell when the world is displaced & the Flames of the Crimson World sweep over all.