Portal   Forum   Memberlist   Search   Online Players
  05-26-2018, 07:03 PM

Team wounding going on in TDM
Following video shows someone named  "WL"  attacking my newly made character on Warband.

No one knew it was me... I was playing without saying much....  and I run into 3 or 4 team wounders/tkers within minutes.
First encountered this guy on the map (or two) before when he was shooting at me after I spawnwed.

It was the Arena map and he would stay in the tunnel and watch teammies spawn and take shots at their back and turn away like he didn't do anything.

I saw him shoot someone.. stood still and watched to see if he would do it to me...   sure enough, after the injured teammate left the tunnel, and with my back to him, WL, reloaded and shot me.

I didn't have the video going then...
Later in the game he kept doing it everytime I tried to reload so I did attack and tk him.

It was in the heat of battle and I was trying to survive.

New map...  I fired up XSPLIT.

In the map you will see not just WL attack me... but two others.  One seemed to be working with him...  same M.O.    and for a brief moment you can see him on top of the team damage list. His name is Crump.
 Both of them were hanging around each other on and off ... and incrediby, BOTH logged out together.

A third player, Lord Farqueef,  clearly takes a sword swipe at me as I am standing near the palm tree watching WL shoot directly at me again...    didnt even expect that guy to do that.
 Not wanting to investigate three team wounders... I tried to keep the focus on the one.

Later in the video..  a little after halfway point...  WL (after shaking his head at me trying to be funny),  goes off, dies, and respawns.  You can see that he is hit by an arrow.. then he turns around and sees me standing there.  He aims, and shoots.  My stupid recorder chose that moment to take a shit and the actual part is missing.

Grrrr
 XSPLIT does this crap to me even on Alien Isolation.  Dunno why.

I am not injured before the moment.. but I am injured after he runs off..   he then logs out.

I had to create a new character to try and escape the damn tking and team wounding that has broken out rampant lately.. 
 As Pest I was getting constantly shot in battles and at some point last night I realized it was teammates shooting me (to injure me) at key moments during one on one fights.

Frustrating as hell when you are playing as Rhodock, trying to fight someone like noilll.. or other good players.. get the drop on him or feint him good.. and then get stunned by ranged.. and he gets the kill.
 Then to notice the two bolts in my leg and realize the other team has archers not xbows.

Then when I stand still with my back towards people...  and use the ~ button to look around..  actually see some assmeal load up and take aim at me and fire.

This has been going on at a high level lately.

Now I can't even come on with a new character... same crap that killed siege is happening here on TDM

I have been bitching about archer tk damage since I first started playing on this server. I have even seen someone switch teams after I lanced em a few times and proceed to do nothing but shoot arrows at my horse. It's as common as shit. Nowadays, I last about 1-2 matches before I get tired and play something else.

Easy solution, up damage to self from archer TK hits to 100% or 200%. Been asking this for a long time but not gonna cross my fingers.
Pressing p will show list of who has the most team damage. Also you can usually get some good footage by going to spectator mode and following the offender. 
TKing isn't what killed siege though.
I'd like to see the reflected damage from all weapons upped some. The problem with that is then the asshats will try even harder to get in the way of your swings. In my latest video (that no one watched  Sad ) there's a guy trying to get in my swings but when he fails at that he just tk's me.  
(04-12-2018, 07:42 PM)Armored_Saint Wrote:  Pressing p will show list of who has the most team damage. Also you can usually get some good footage by going to spectator mode and following the offender. 
TKing isn't what killed siege though.
I'd like to see the reflected damage from all weapons upped some. The problem with that is then the asshats will try even harder to get in the way of your swings. In my latest video (that no one watched  Sad ) there's a guy trying to get in my swings but when he fails at that he just tk's me.  

Melee and archer reflect damage can be set separately. No need to worry about melee trying to troll if it's upped for archers.
(04-12-2018, 05:21 PM)leewong Wrote:  Easy solution, up damage to self from archer TK hits to 100% or 200%. Been asking this for a long time but not gonna cross my fingers.

This isn't possible. Increasing reflexive damage dealt affects everyone, regardless of class or weapons they're using. Right now, we have it set to deal 25% separately to both the the team wounder and victim. I personally would like to see it be 5-10% to the victim and 100% to the team wounder.
Isn't that what it used to be?