Portal   Forum   Memberlist   Search   Online Players
  08-22-2018, 01:14 AM

Team Damage
With the consistent amount of admins we have on TDM now and with the most recent additions to our admin roster, should we change our team damage settings, specifically removing reflexive friendly fire? I recall the reflexive FF was in effect to compensate for the lack of admins on TDM. If not remove reflexive damage, than at least have the attacker being the only one affected by it.

Thoughts?
We could try it, but I think it would make the archer spam even more annoying. Archers already don't care about firing into melee even if they hit their teammates multiple times.
(06-10-2018, 07:02 PM)Rubbing Wrote:  We could try it, but I think it would make the archer spam even more annoying. Archers already don't care about firing into melee even if they hit their teammates multiple times.

They don't care & have no consequence to themselves while also being able to teamkill friendlies at will. It's the worst possible configuration.
How about keeping/increasing reflexive damage, but decreasing/removing damage done to the teammate?
(06-10-2018, 07:13 PM)Rhapsodos Wrote:  How about keeping/increasing reflexive damage, but decreasing/removing damage done to the teammate?

Is it possible to remove the annoying stun when you hit teammates but the damage will still be dealt?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 76561198101510576.png]
[Image: vTvin.png]

The damage done to teammates is already kinda low isn't it? The annoying part of getting shot in the back by friendly archers is that it stuns you, not necessarily the damage.

Are there separate values you can tweak for ranged and melee damage?
You can separately enable/disable melee and range friendly fire. You can also set how much damage is done to the teammate and yourself. TDM's settings have both types of FF enabled and the percentage for both right now is 25%.

Setting the victim damage to as low as 1% will remove the stun, I think, and will cause kicks to be the only thing that can stun. I need to test it out.
Rubbing and I just tested some settings:

-Damage to teammate can go as low as 2% to prevent stun. There's still damage, but it's negligible.
-Damage to self at 50% causes a 70% health loss for head shots and 30% loss for melee strikes. This was tested with default Nord gear.

Things would be better if we could set the percentages for melee and range separately, but that's not an option. Stun from teammates hitting each other is useful if you're on the other team because if you're getting mobbed on, you just use footwork to get teammates to hit each other. If you take away the stun, you take away that small window of opportunity. To compensate for no stunning, we'd have to increase the damage to self.

An alternative is to just set it like siege, but increase FF to 100% and decrease TW and TK limit to really let the consequences of fucking up sink in.
Well, the way we have it set up atm with reflective damage being dealt means archers are more likely to shoot into a melee and not care cause they wont die, but if we remove the reflective damage and either a only affects the dealer of damage or just remove it completely they either will tk 3 times and get auto kicked anyway or do enough damage and get auto kicked much sooner. The issue atm is it doesn't do enough damage to get them auto kicked it usually takes players an entire round to possibly get auto kicked if unlucky, but most of the times i don't often see players getting auto kicked cause they just can't get enough damage in to be done about it.
How about this?

Decrease TD limit to 125 from 200.
Decrease damage to friend to 5% from 25% (stun will still be present and damage will be negligible).
Increase damage to self to 50-75% from 25%.

If we get rid of reflexive, then maybe go the extreme and do 100% to self and 100 TD limit.