Portal   Forum   Memberlist   Search   Online Players
  06-19-2018, 12:22 PM

PETITION: Bring back GK_Siege to its old glory
Hello, it is I, Dancing_Master.

I have come to thee with prospects of great joy and prosperity. I would like to present a fool proof plan to restore GK_Siege to its former glory.... For we all know that GK_Siege is the most fun server that ever was, because Siege mode is the most fun mode there ever was.

In Siege, there is a point. There is a goal. An adventure. Meaning.... it is simply the greatest game mode in MnB. This is why we need to bring back GK_Siege, and not have people go on GK_TDM. That is because TDM is the work of the devil, it is pointless, boring, repetitive, and lacking in meaning. What is the point of all that bloodshed? Nothing. In Siege the point is to take the castle, in which you can do it in many ways, stealth, onslaught, tactics.. the list goes on. In TDM? Simply brute-minded mindless bloodshed. No tactics.

Here is my plan:

DELETE GK_TDM. Yes. Just delete it. Every great leader knows, not to listen to the public for they do not know what they truly want. Simply just delete GK_TDM and the populace will go to GK_Siege and NA Warband will once again rise. Just do it for 2 weeks and see your numbers rise, I guarantee you. At first people MIGHT complain but most will want to play Siege as it is simply the better playmode.

Thank you for reading my humble petition and please do it.
I won't listen to you because you are considered the public and, therefore, do not know what you want.
(06-13-2018, 06:50 PM)Dancing_Master Wrote:  Hello, it is I, Dancing_Master.

I have come to thee with prospects of great joy and prosperity. I would like to present a fool proof plan to restore GK_Siege to its former glory.... For we all know that GK_Siege is the most fun server that ever was, because Siege mode is the most fun mode there ever was.

"we" or "I" sure some people enjoyed it, but to argue you represent the public and it's opinion? Sounds more of yourself and your personal preference to bring a server back YOU enjoyed the most. Siege is enjoyed by some people but not others who would consider it fun.

(06-13-2018, 06:50 PM)Dancing_Master Wrote:  In Siege, there is a point. There is a goal. An adventure. Meaning.... it is simply the greatest game mode in MnB. This is why we need to bring back GK_Siege, and not have people go on GK_TDM. That is because TDM is the work of the devil, it is pointless, boring, repetitive, and lacking in meaning. What is the point of all that bloodshed? Nothing. In Siege the point is to take the castle, in which you can do it in many ways, stealth, onslaught, tactics.. the list goes on. In TDM? Simply brute-minded mindless bloodshed. No tactics.

Ah yes Siege best ever in your opinion. Your entire argument is opinion based on your own personal leisure and to say you represent everyone? Please, I know you better Leo, just stop. What about battle mode hmm? There's plenty of tactics there which is expanded in warband's competitive scene, quite same with Siege as both offer tactics and a goal in mind.

(06-13-2018, 06:50 PM)Dancing_Master Wrote:  Here is my plan:

DELETE GK_TDM. Yes. Just delete it. Every great leader knows, not to listen to the public for they do not know what they truly want. Simply just delete GK_TDM and the populace will go to GK_Siege and NA Warband will once again rise. Just do it for 2 weeks and see your numbers rise, I guarantee you. At first people MIGHT complain but most will want to play Siege as it is simply the better playmode.

Thank you for reading my humble petition and please do it.

Not listen to the public because they don't know what they truly want and listen to you because this is what YOU want? I'm sure people would definity sign your "petition". Your entire argument is a complete laughable joke.

(06-13-2018, 06:50 PM)Dancing_Master Wrote:  I am not the public, I am an elite MnB player and intellectual. Also I am not Leo come ft7 me in game if u want me to prove it.

What does your elite status have to do anything with this? I can argue the same here. Hey Alyss sure, I'll ft7 you.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 76561198101510576.png]
[Image: vTvin.png]

I feel like TDM rose up because nobody would play siege when it only had few people, TDM is a more low-population friendly mode, I agree, siege has a lot more meaning and is a lot more fun, maybe we can do siege night more than once a week?
I have determined that if this is Leo, he has put a lot of dedication into the alt account by playing on the server every now and then for the past two years. So I don't think it is him, even though the thread does read exactly like something that he would write.

For a serious response to the OP, the biggest problem with siege is that no one wants to play on a barely populated server and everyone does not join at the same time. People slowly trickle into TDM throughout the afternoon and evening until it hits 70+, they don't just all pop in at once.

So in the afternoon when people first start getting on, are they going to sit on an empty siege server for an hour until others join them or are they going to go elsewhere? I know what I would do, and it wouldn't be wasting hours on an empty server.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/900022786934736927/EAECD838383620D25E4D5B832E6A68D767575E83/

stfu now

PS : this noob is not leo. Leo can block not DM
Dancing_Master, I do remember you. We had a member named Leonidas fervently argue for the same. I am deleting the "Are you Leo?", posts because they went too far and detract from the thread.

The population issue has been addressed. Siege needs to pop quickly to be fun.

There are two other arguments to be added.

Firstly is market size. There are not enough people who play Warband as a multiplayer mainstay between Europe and N. America to support a second siege server. As much as we dislike it; Mount and Siege will continue to fill that niche.

Secondly, A few years back, the TDM population cap was cut to 30ish. At that time, it would hit 100 most days, and siege still hit 40 players fairly often. Siege did not see any benefits from that change, which lasted more than a month, and TDM lost players overall. By removing TDM for any length of time, we take a serious chance of killing the server. This is not something we are willing to risk.
Leo's last known IP was from CO on TWC. Dancing Master's IP registers from Canada on Sympatico HSE. Leo's PID is a very low number showing he is an older player while DM's is a very high one showing he is a relatively new one. PID search has not found any aliases. Looking at times played on the server, you have 40 time played on the server between 6/07/18 (latest time joined) to 02/21/2017 (first time joined our records go back further than this).

Really strikes me as odd that you "speak for the public" yet spend hardly any time on our servers. This would suggest either you are indeed an alt account or being put up to coming on here to start up this debate yet again.

I am open to suggestions and ideas and maybe even people who would want to dedicate themselves to spending the hours every day to populate siege and re-grow the community behind it. But the simple solution of "delete TDM" will not be entertained or even discussed further.
The thing is, Warband is not a new game.

It's a miracle that it's still alive. Most of the people that used to play Siege on a regular basis have moved on to other games. I know because I'm friends with a lot of them and I see them, putting their time into other games now. It's a shame and they'll occasionally hop on for a Siege event or just to fart around in TDM for a bit, but it doesn't last.

A lot of the population that's left tend to enjoy TDM. Of course, not all, because it's impossible to speak for everyone. But there are people who prefer TDM to Siege, even if I know that I don't, nor do others. Getting rid of TDM will just mean that the population of TDM will go to another server that fits their needs, not to Siege.

Siege is still there and while everyone that talks about wanting it back has ideas, the truth is, nobody is populating it. We had GK members that would spend 4 - 5 hours a night keeping that server alive and you know what? A lot of them don't bother with Warband anymore and got burnt out on it. The harsh truth is that for people wanting more complicated, tactical gameplay, there are a lot more options out there now with more people playing the games. For people looking to hop in for a quick game, goof around with friends and just get their quick Warband fix, TDM seems to fit that bill.

Nope.
I'm shocked we're taking anything with the titles "Here is how to repopulate siege!" stuff serious anymore.

siege is up on the servers. If you wish to play it, go on it and get your friends to join you and maybe it'll populate, maybe it wont.

~The Goddess~