League of Revolution
Community URL update 2/9/12 - Printable Version

+- League of Revolution (https://www.leagueofrevolution.com)
+-- Forum: League of Revolution (https://www.leagueofrevolution.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News & Announcements (https://www.leagueofrevolution.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Community URL update 2/9/12 (/showthread.php?tid=61)

Pages: 1 2 3

Community URL update 2/9/12 - Sento - 02-09-2012

Ok, so once again I will say this mainly for Absurdity Members since none of them except for Naut(Tongue) gave a rat's ass at what we call ourselves. 

I thought our domain name was expired in Jan and when I went to go check to do the nameservers I noticed it expires in March.  So we have until then to come up with a new domain name to call ourselves.

League of Revolution kinda only has meaning to myself at this point as all the original founding members are kinda gone... lol so the name really has no meaning anymore, so I'd like to bring it to a vote on what we should call ourselves.

So id like to take a bit of time over the next few weeks to take in ideas for what our community should be called.  It needs to be something generic that would fit all game genres.

The voting process will work kinda how future things are going to work as far as decision making will go as I had originally designed(but never implemented due to us almost dying out lol).  Each clan GK, Absurdity, as well as GK Rebels if they join us quick enough will have 1 vote for the name between the clan.  I will let each clan's leaders know when to start voting for names because I want this post to gather ideas.  In the event of a tie we will simply stick with LoR until another clan joins(if GK rebels don't join) and they break the tie.)

So give some ideas and keep things generic Smile I will keep an updated list in this first post when I start to get ideas.

~Sento

Re: Community URL update 2/9/12 - Vendigr - 02-09-2012

(02-09-2012, 11:55 AM)Sento link Wrote:  Each clan GK, Absurdity, as well as GK Rebels if they join us quick enough will have 1 vote for the name between the clan.  I will let each clan's leaders know when to start voting for names because I want this post to gather ideas.

Just out of curiosity who is the leader of GK?

Also I'm assuming this means we can keep the current forums without any issues, right?

Re: Community URL update 2/9/12 - MadocComadrin - 02-09-2012

The Lord's Council is the leadership head.

Re: Community URL update 2/9/12 - Sento - 02-09-2012

(02-09-2012, 12:03 PM)Vendigr link Wrote:  [quote author=Sento link=topic=68.msg368#msg368 date=1328802918]
Each clan GK, Absurdity, as well as GK Rebels if they join us quick enough will have 1 vote for the name between the clan.  I will let each clan's leaders know when to start voting for names because I want this post to gather ideas.

Just out of curiosity who is the leader of GK?

Also I'm assuming this means we can keep the current forums without any issues, right?
[/quote]

ya forums are staying as its an application that we can simply change the name of, we are staying with this forum I have no plan of moving it for... Im not planning on moving it ever lol

Re: Community URL update 2/9/12 - Wolflo - 02-09-2012

Im terrible with coming up with names but someone is going to make one, try to have a name that fits a gaming community and make sure the name works well in form of an acronym. We don't want it to be WRSYU. League of Revolution/LoR both looks and flows well when spoken.

Re: Community URL update 2/9/12 - Jytrem - 02-09-2012

Over Powered Gaming, Game Over Gaming,  Fix Your Lag, Slow-Motion Death, Hard Mode Engage, Challengers Welcome, Green Bar Games, Killers By Commission, Team Stackers United(;P)

leave it to Jyt to give 320394802398 names

Re: Community URL update 2/9/12 - Ghaern - 02-09-2012

(02-09-2012, 01:21 PM)Jytrem link Wrote:  Team Stackers United

I lol'd.  TSU! TSU! (also a play on Sun Tzu :O)

Re: Community URL update 2/9/12 - Jytrem - 02-09-2012

(02-09-2012, 01:30 PM)Sento link Wrote:  leave it to Jyt to give 320394802398 names
If you like I've still got a few more up my sleeve? Though I rather like the last one. =p

as many as you got man, just note we will only vote on ones we can actually get a .com for lol or .net but id rather get a .com tbh lol