League of Revolution
Application Issue - Printable Version

+- League of Revolution (https://www.leagueofrevolution.com)
+-- Forum: Golden Kingdom (https://www.leagueofrevolution.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Gatehouse (https://www.leagueofrevolution.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Public Announcements (https://www.leagueofrevolution.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Thread: Application Issue (/showthread.php?tid=7856)

Pages: 1 2

Application Issue - JaXm - 02-21-2017

Alright, I know a lot of you have been confused and frustrated by whats been going on with the applications; and to be honest they could have been handled a little better. I made it pretty clear back when I volunteered for this job that I wanted keep this clan from slowly dying away. Part of this was to cut through bureaucratic BS. Another part was to try to get more active members. 

The new process is as follows:
There is now a "fast track" available for certain applicants who are obviously already known in the community.
If an applicant posts a serious application and has the support of 5+ active  GK members they will get in. Anyone who doesn't apply seriously will have their application denied. There isn't a mandatory trial period or a separate support thread or any other bureaucratic BS.  People may be accepted "early". This will only happen if they are a well known/in good favor applicant or I deem they are bringing something to the clan.

Also, yall should feel just fine coming and talking to me. You don't have to go through Veni.

Spoiler: Show

RE: Application Issue - Rhapsodos - 02-21-2017

I think it's fine not having a defined waiting period or separate support thread. However, I think those who you think are worthy of the fast track option should still have to obtain 5 supports for reasons that I won't post because I would have to publicly call someone out. With that said, I just want to say that I am no longer going to speak through others to get you to change your mind and I personally won't challenge your policy. I know it's set once you make it and although I might not agree with it entirely, I'm going to live with it because I gave you my vote.

Edit: I would just like to clarify that my dislike for recent happenings isn't because it left me without anything to do on the forums. It's not like I was doing much anyways before all of this recruitment stuff happened.

RE: Application Issue - Jimmy Forte - 02-21-2017

While I understand not liking the idea of a support thread, it's nice to have a "paper trail" so-to-speak so that most of us can know what is going on. When I have people messaging me out of the blue asking for admin passwords and I'm not even sure if they were accepted as a member yet, or why they should have an admin password, I have to immediately spend my time investigating. Without a paper trail it ends up a fruitless act that involves me messaging people who are mostly away trying to find out what is going on.

Even if said paper trail is just a log of who was accepted, who the current admins are and so forth, it'd be nice.

RE: Application Issue - JaXm - 02-21-2017

(02-21-2017, 01:25 AM)Jimmy Forte Wrote:  While I understand not liking the idea of a support thread, it's nice to have a "paper trail" so-to-speak so that most of us can know what is going on. When I have people messaging me out of the blue asking for admin passwords and I'm not even sure if they were accepted as a member yet, or why they should have an admin password, I have to immediately spend my time investigating. Without a paper trail it ends up a fruitless act that involves me messaging people who are mostly away trying to find out what is going on.

Even if said paper trail is just a log of who was accepted, who the current admins are and so forth, it'd be nice.

Just to be clear here,
People should never be giving out the admin password to begin with, all requests should be forwarded to Veni or Marquis.

RE: Application Issue - Jimmy Forte - 02-21-2017

(02-21-2017, 01:27 AM)JaXm Wrote:  
(02-21-2017, 01:25 AM)Jimmy Forte Wrote:  While I understand not liking the idea of a support thread, it's nice to have a "paper trail" so-to-speak so that most of us can know what is going on. When I have people messaging me out of the blue asking for admin passwords and I'm not even sure if they were accepted as a member yet, or why they should have an admin password, I have to immediately spend my time investigating. Without a paper trail it ends up a fruitless act that involves me messaging people who are mostly away trying to find out what is going on.

Just to be clear here,
People should never be giving out the admin password to begin with, all requests should be forwarded to Veni or Marquis.
Oh yeah, that's been the rule for the longest time, it'd never be given out, but still, was pretty damned confused when a new admin came to me.

RE: Application Issue - Johny - 02-21-2017

(02-21-2017, 01:27 AM)JaXm Wrote:  

Just to be clear here,

100% this, first rule of an admin is to not give the pw to anyone even if asked by another admin.

Nice Changes btw

RE: Application Issue - Veni_Vidi_Vici - 02-21-2017

The paper trail should be there.
I will try to go back and fill things in.

RE: Application Issue - JaXm - 02-21-2017

Also keep in mind alot of stuff is messy with the current restructure transition....

But things are slowly coming together one step at a time

RE: Application Issue - VinnyPooh - 02-21-2017

my friends, you have my best wishes and full support Smile

RE: Application Issue - Ebdanian Admiral - 02-22-2017

Hi Vinny  Blush