Portal   Forum   Memberlist   Search   Online Players
  07-19-2019, 04:27 PM

Clan Requirments
So as per the meeting we had which by the way I think was a huge success. While Wolflo and Mad work on our "Image" which by the way if anyone has any design skill please talk to them, from what I heard they both were having a debate as to which one sucks more so... ya... lol(<3 you) The next step is actually giving a thought of what LoR considers a clan and the process to actually...well process them. Below is currently what was setup when LoR was formed just before GK joined.

A little history lesson GK actually was not the first clan in LoR, the first clan to join was #TOK# a JKA clan led by a guy named Vitality, Chemich, and Myself. The 3 of us were the original founders of LoR. Now only I remain.

1.) LoR only supports 1 clan per game. The reason is to prevent us from growing to large to fast, as well as it defeats the main purpose of LoR which is our cross pollination effect with membership. LoR would become nothing more than a site that clans compete for members instead of collaborating with one another

2.) Clans wishing to join LoR must have at least 5 members. We set this as a limit so we could be a spot for clans looking for a start could join. I spoke with Wolflo the other day and LoR has had a total of 3 other clans attempt to join other than GK and KPR. 2 of the 3 clans died out within 2 weeks.

3.) Clans who want to be represented by LoR must be a part of the website at least. The reason is for the 1 clan per game thing, we did try the whole "Well lets put a link to their site", but unfortunately it failed because no one wants to register to 3 different places to play games. The use of a forum is very basic and tbh, any clan could edit the site through Wolflo or myself. The themes of the forum are not set in stone. Currently I am also re thinking the default theme. When Wolflo and Mad are done with their signatures we might change tactics to give GK, and KPR their own forum theme that members can set.
a.) We used to require them to use the TS as well, but KPR leader Kolakhan made a very good point regarding the TS and I did scrap this requirement, although I still encourage it to further increase the cross pollination effect.

4.) Clans joining must agree to all of the rules for the LoR website, and TS(even if they do not plan on using ours). The reason is because all clans have their own ways of doing things. Their leadership does things their own way, this is to avoid banning people community wide, also it does not require clans to accept members of the other clans. If someone is generally not liked in 1 clan and wants to join another but they do not want him it is their own choice. I myself if you all remember banned Juxx from the public areas of LoR for breaking the rules. GK voted to go easy on him and even repealed my request to ban him from LoR. Eventually he did leave I understand.

I think this is it, or well all I considered since the start of LoR. If I remember something I will add it and make note, but for now this is what we have and why we have it. So now I would like the opinion of the public. So feel free to post Smile If you can't please PM Wolflo, or Myself the permissions on this forum SHOULD be set right so no one should have an issue, but if you do PM us.

[Image: vrRUxdy.png]
[Image: UC6pec3.jpg]

To the Strongest!
(08-04-2013, 03:34 PM)Ancalagon Wrote:  Service Temporarily Unavailable image
I would say if this keeps happening it might be a good time to switch to a different host. I noticed a pattern though, click - this pops up, click twice - it pops up again, third time it usually goes away.

[Image: eaqogw.png] [Image: 76561198018913673.png]
I get it for 5+ minutes at a time.
(08-04-2013, 03:56 PM)LBJohnston Wrote:  
(08-04-2013, 03:34 PM)Ancalagon Wrote:  Service Temporarily Unavailable image
I would say if this keeps happening it might be a good time to switch to a different host. I noticed a pattern though, click - this pops up, click twice - it pops up again, third time it usually goes away.

Same. Been happening for a while

[Image: ExperteeFin_zpsf89541f4.png]
"In my humble opinion, I thank GK - it's members, it's supporters and it's leadership for holding this game up for me and alot of other people. May it hold this game up for another six years, and then another six after that." 
-Slav
(08-04-2013, 04:05 PM)The Mad Herald (Syreth) Wrote:  I get it for 5+ minutes at a time.
Sometimes that happens to me too, but more frequently it goes away after the third click. Must be different for everyone.

Also sento, I would add what you find suitable for announcements on the portal page so it doesn't become a clusterfuck. IE: events / announcements and not: complaints/ large pictures/ messages that would serve the same purpose as just being posted as a normal thread.

[Image: eaqogw.png] [Image: 76561198018913673.png]
Well i found a plugin we can download that limits the amount of characters that are displayed on the portal page. If we limit it to say 250 characters, it should work nicely. (The rest is replaced with "...")

[Image: o5eSRUd.png]
I'm going to send them another ticket and see what they say. Frankly I hope they do have a solution cuz moving host is a pain in the ass.

I'll put the ticket in tomorrow at work since Im not going to get a response on a Sunday. If they can't do anything about it I will move us to where we get the .com from an eliminate the middle man. This move cannot happen however until I return from vacation. I am gone starting the 10th and will be gone until the following sat so if I do have to change hosts it will happen the week after that.

[Image: vrRUxdy.png]