Portal   Forum   Memberlist   Search   Online Players
  06-17-2019, 03:18 AM

GK History
Just got through reading some of GK's history and I must say it's pretty fascinating! Here's hoping that you guys have a great future ahead of you.

BTW, if you still need help rewriting and organizing your history, I have formal writing and editing experience and would be glad to help out.

[Image: 219vq04.png]
Even Odo's post "I'm new," is a piece of history. Lol

Read every page of the thread.

I'm going to reconstruct the history between the maps and mod of GK Siege-

It is difficult to say which and what maps were first, but I think Dave already had 20-30 maps out on the GK Siege rotation before I created Castle Jukenburga. I remember wishing that I could be able to map, and I wanted Dave to construct my ideas together, such as the little green vine house in the center of Oasis Paradise. In that same year I joined GK, Madoc introduced Black Knight's Lair. Leonidas also joined GK at the end of the year. GK Siege was purely Native except for the custom maps and the constant introduction to new maps was what kept the server going. 2010 was when Mount&Blade: Warband came out, 2011 GK Siege started to pick up. Dave introduced maps such as Fort Oscurio and Agincourt. Which people thought Fort Oscurio was fun because it requires to close the trapdoor to reach the flag. I started on Castle Vietonarf which took me a while to finish due to the amount of detail I placed into the map. Dave had fifty maps compared to my two (Now more than a hundred compared to my four). Vendigr started to map a lot more castles, but I can not remember their names. Black Knight's Lair became a popular map inside of GK, so Dave imitated the indoor style of the map by introducing Lord's Manor (map is still glitched?). We had a an outside mapper by the name of Black Cat who introduced the Aqueduct and a few other maps that featured large cities and castles with details. I think Black Cat helped start Dave to become a big custom prop guy by introducing ideas like paintings (Lords Manor 2 for example). We also had guys come and leave GK who have submitted maps like KissMyAxe (Now in Balion) who created Castle Snorkel. Sometime 2011, Madoc introduced the NSPE which featured small triggers, boiling oil, teleportation doors, and more administration options. This took Dave and the mapping community into a new zeal to create maps with these bits and pieces of props. Madoc created Siege Camp where a boiling oil is propped up by the flag. 2012 Dave went crazy on the maps, he created Castle Fereld and Castle Kyuto and updated his older maps to play more nicely. There was a small cry in the GK community for more simpler, smaller maps- I created Castle Ni Faeroe in response. Then out came the GKbundle which featured unbalanced items for every faction. Dave solely created GKBundle and sometimes added weapons like pistols which most people in GK looked down on. The GK Siege server was having issues for a long time, so inspiration for creating maps died and the GK community kept attempting to find new hosts to use for GK Siege. Sometime 2012, Madoc stole a lot of money from Dave and Dman which was originally meant to put together the new server. Jaxm joined our community and help attempt to reestablish our siege server.

WIP. got school. be back later to finish.
and we fight happily ever after.
(12-18-2014, 01:34 PM)King Gowe Wrote:  and we fight happily ever after.

It's not done yet! that's for the end.
(02-03-2014, 11:30 AM)Sighvatr Wrote:  Madoc stole a lot of money Dave and Dman which was originally meant to put together the new server.

He didn't steal from just me, He took almost 1000 or 1500 I can't remember but lucky I never had access to the logs because every single shit CD key he had would be banned from it. Fucking C***.
(12-18-2014, 04:56 PM)dman248 Wrote:  
(02-03-2014, 11:30 AM)Sighvatr Wrote:  Madoc stole a lot of money Dave and Dman which was originally meant to put together the new server.

He didn't steal from just me, He took almost 1000 or 1500 I can't remember but lucky I never had access to the logs because every single shit CD key he had would be banned from it. Fucking C***.

Woah, never read this part lol. Shit man that sucks

[Image: ExperteeFin_zpsf89541f4.png]
"In my humble opinion, I thank GK - it's members, it's supporters and it's leadership for holding this game up for me and alot of other people. May it hold this game up for another six years, and then another six after that." 
-Slav
'So Dman when are we getting the new box that Madoc promised us?' 'You know, eventually...' HAHAHHAHA! My favorite part of GK history is definitely when Dave came back, out of no where and proceeded to literally take control of the whole clan in an instant. "Hey guys i'm back, so uhm you know the 5000 hours I spent putting into maps, well that gives me the right to take over the whole clan, and well if you don't like it I will perma ban you from everything (Tuon). Also, it's important to note that if you kick me out I will take EVERYTHING, NEOGK, ALL THE MAPS, EVERYTHING! BUAHAHAHHA."
Have to do it..... ~ memories~