Portal   Forum   Memberlist   Search   Online Players
  10-21-2019, 01:08 AM

Small Database Error 3/12/2012
It seems our database had a sneeze this morning and went down.  Which made it near impossible for people to log in, post, etc.  I have repaired our database and will be watching in closely for the next couple of days.

I apologies for the inconvenience

~Sento

[Image: vrRUxdy.png]
I noticed it but it seems fine now.

[Image: 9.jpg]
Is this related to the slow loading times for pages on this site?

So far I've been able to make two sandwiches and a bowl of ramen while I wait for a page to load.
Going to try and break that record with bacon and eggs sometime soon...

To the Strongest!
Ancalagon,

Firefox, IE, or other?

In IE I open without the regular security.  The site throws some unappetizing cookies for IE which cause a big slow down as it sorts.  Don't know why, but I allowed for it and built and mini buffer/eraser that eliminates the cookies after logging.  I have to relog everytime, but it sped the system up for me. 
Im still unsure as to why we get those slow load spikes I have seen them to Im using chrome but some days I could take a nap waiting for it.  but on all those times I got an email with a database error.  So I am assuming its related but this is the first time Ive had to actually do something about the error.

[Image: vrRUxdy.png]
I use FF, for everything.

That's another good idea Sento! I might time it with a nap next time. Big Grin

To the Strongest!
(03-12-2012, 10:14 AM)Sento link Wrote:  It seems our database had a sneeze this morning and went down.  Which made it near impossible for people to log in, post, etc.  I have repaired our database and will be watching in closely for the next couple of days.

I apologies for the inconvenience

~Sento

Welcome to SMF. How may we fuck up today?