Portal   Forum   Memberlist   Search   Online Players
  11-16-2019, 11:16 PM

Transfer Progress
Alright, as I said before we are going to be moving forums once again to welcome our new site person Chemich.  He brought the wonderful news that all this time we could have just converted our forums instead of scrapping them....

So I will update you on the process today as I go through this.

So far I have successfully secured our safety as far as loosing data.  From the time and date of this post anything new posted WILL BE LOST.
I have installed mybb on the site so all I am doing atm is waiting for the site to realize I put a merge program in the mybb forum so I can convert our SMF database into the mybb one.

Once that is done wolflo will assist me as we look at the mybb to make sure we are not missing anything.

So again POSTS MADE AFTER THE TIME OF THIS POST WILL BE DELETED!!!!

Smile

~Sento

P.S.(At least now if we ever have to move forums again we know we can take this shit with us...)

[Image: vrRUxdy.png]
When should we start posting again?
Now Smile

We are all done the results are as follows

Posts, Users, and Usergroups were transferred without problems

Permissions were not able to be transferred so wolflo and I worked on getting them corrected there still may be some glitches or holes so let us know right away if there are.

Users INSIDE of groups we saw were slightly off so if your suppose to be in a group and your not let us know we will correct it.

Other than that a nice smooth transition.

(04-07-2012, 03:15 PM)Sento Wrote:  Users INSIDE of groups we saw were slightly off so if your suppose to be in a group and your not let us know we will correct it.

I added everyone i "think". So like Sento said, if something is off whether your seeing things you shouldnt, or if you are not in a group, than please tell me.

[Image: o5eSRUd.png]
If possible you should allow guests to view the mapping discussion/feedback section.
(04-07-2012, 03:33 PM)Vendigr Wrote:  If possible you should allow guests to view the mapping discussion/feedback section.

Wolflo's fault he told me to do it

(04-07-2012, 04:03 PM)Sento Wrote:  
(04-07-2012, 03:33 PM)Vendigr Wrote:  If possible you should allow guests to view the mapping discussion/feedback section.

Wolflo's fault he told me to do it
I was debating whether or not to do that. Sad

This is a no-brainer. Map feedback needs to be public and easy to be found. As it is - guests are not even aware of its existence.
Alright, we got the team taking care of the login problems and some other stuff, ill be sure to include the map feedback thing too

EDIT: That stupid temporary screen between pages should also be removed in the future