Portal   Forum   Memberlist   Search   Online Players
  07-07-2020, 02:22 PM

Dan Carlins Hardcore History Podcast
Hello Everyone.

I cannot keep this to myself anymore, it must be shared with everyone!

http://www.dancarlin.com/disp.php/hharchive
"Dan Carlin is an American political commentator, amateur historian, and podcaster. Once a professional radio host, Carlin eventually took his show to the Internet, and he now hosts two popular independent podcasts: Common Sense and Hardcore History."

I suspect there are many history buffs out here in the warband community. If you consider yourself one, and you love topics ranging from the roman empire, to the mongols, Germanic tribes,ww1 and all sorts of wonderful things in between.

This podcast is for you.

Its Gritty, its detailed and you will love it.
I highly suggest the 6 part series on the Mongols and the WRATH OF THE KHANS.

If you are more into current events and politics, his COMMON SENSE podcast is much shorter but quite interesting and fairly relevant.

Let me know what you all think.
This looks right up my alley. I'll give one a listen later.

[Image: eaqogw.png] [Image: 76561198018913673.png]
Wrath of the Khans . Best half dozen hours I spent listening to a podcast at work.
Looks interesting
I was trying to find the podcast to burn onto CD for a roadtrip. Site's down. Anybody know of any alternatives?

A few minutes later and I found it.

http://www.dancarlin.com/hardcore-history-series/
Hey, thanks for the heads up, I'll give it a listen at some point.

[Image: Derpy-Lavalamp-Gif.gif]
I have listened to all his podcasts but have listened to the mongol series like 5 times now... It's the best shit I have ever heard regarding that subject. I also liked the series on the fall of Rome called Death throes of the Republic . He's really good at telling a story and keeping you interested, definitely puts a lot of time and care into his podcasts. Just so everyone knows podcasts are very easy to find especially if you have a smart phone of some sort. If anyone wants suggestions on a great podcast app for android I use Podcast Addict. It works great and you can either stream it or download it before hand and listen to it which is what I do. I listen to podcasts the whole time I'm at work and it helps pass the time with a little education to boot. I'm also addicted to The Joe Rogan Experience, he has a lot of brilliant and interesting guests on there. One other one I also love is Radio Lab, some very interesting topics are covered on this one.

A loud voice cannot compete with a clear voice, even if it's a whisper.