Portal   Forum   Memberlist   Search   Online Players
  09-23-2020, 07:32 AM

World of Tanks Training Hanger
World of Tanks Training Hanger

So, you want to be a tank commander. This handy guide should give you all the basic information you need to start your tanking career and keep your tank from becoming scrap metal. It will cover everything from the basics of driving your tank, to the parts of your tanks, crew functions, fighting styles, and more. Should you have any questions, if I didn't answer them already I will do so.

The second spoiler is always a pony related image, click at your own risk.

You can DL the game @ http://worldoftanks.com/ Free of cost.

A Crash Course to Driving
Spoiler: Show

Basic Combat Training

Knowing Your Tank

Meet the Crew

Research and Moving on Up

The Auto Shop, Servicing Your Tank

Tank Types

Advanced Training and Lingo

[Image: Derpy-Lavalamp-Gif.gif]
(09-29-2014, 05:24 PM)Derpy Wrote:  The second spoiler is always a pony related image, click at your own risk.

I like to live dangerously.

Vivre dans l'honneur, Mourir dans la gloire.
This a very useful guide.

[Image: NIAjtfg.png]
I had no idea that you could right click to look around. I always found myself a little tunnel visioned in my turretless Tank Destroyer, but no more!

[Image: meWCZmj.png][Image: 9CsjuZz.jpg]
If you guys are hard up and want some 'free' gold.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/444330-1k-free-gold/

Edit : This is far out of date.
Well, reinstalling this.

I haven't played since before it had physics (when tanks were glued to the ground and couldn't really push each other).

Are there any major changes/balance of power shifts I should know?

Do you recommend starting up (keeping my better tanks of course) from tier 1 again? I think I have tier 6 at highest.
(11-25-2014, 11:02 PM)Hodor Wrote:  Well, reinstalling this.

I haven't played since before it had physics (when tanks were glued to the ground and couldn't really push each other).

Are there any major changes/balance of power shifts I should know?

Do you recommend starting up (keeping my better tanks of course) from tier 1 again? I think I have tier 6 at highest.

The physics are interesting, can kill by ramming, or driving onto the top of another tank, falls and even getting too much air on a jump can hurt your tank or ruin your tracks. Your tank can now be one hit if it's ammo rack gets blown up (Very rare, but awesome to see[that might be an old effect, i forget, but the awesome part is->]) and it's turret will fly off, if it has one, if it lands on another tank, it does constant ram damage.

As for power shifts... Generally SPGs are closer to the tier balance, but lost some accuracy. Scouts still lag behind as far as tiers go, but are a forced to be reckoned with because of their speed and punch. Tank destroyers seem to be a bit OP, punch and armor and range, but not too much. As far as nations go, Russia is still a bit unbalanced in their favor (no surprise, its a Russian game).

I wouldn't get rid of your higher tier tanks, but they added new nations since you left (um.... before physics... they added Japan, China, maybe France since you left. You should already know about Russia Germany, UK, and USA); if you're looking to get back into it from the ground up, you can play a line from those new nations until you get back into the swing of it.
(11-26-2014, 01:59 PM)Derpy Wrote:  The physics are interesting, can kill by ramming, or driving onto the top of another tank, falls and even getting too much air on a jump can hurt your tank or ruin your tracks. Your tank can now be one hit if it's ammo rack gets blown up (Very rare, but awesome to see[that might be an old effect, i forget, but the awesome part is->]) and it's turret will fly off, if it has one, if it lands on another tank, it does constant ram damage.

As for power shifts... Generally SPGs are closer to the tier balance, but lost some accuracy. Scouts still lag behind as far as tiers go, but are a forced to be reckoned with because of their speed and punch. Tank destroyers seem to be a bit OP, punch and armor and range, but not too much. As far as nations go, Russia is still a bit unbalanced in their favor (no surprise, its a Russian game).

I wouldn't get rid of your higher tier tanks, but they added new nations since you left (um.... before physics... they added Japan, China, maybe France since you left. You should already know about Russia Germany, UK, and USA); if you're looking to get back into it from the ground up, you can play a line from those new nations until you get back into the swing of it.

I played a few games last night, some observations...

I learned the hard way that little tanks can still be a paint in the butt... one circled around me shooting my KV-2 shooting itty bitty shots into me until I exploded. I couldn't rotate my fatgun on my fatturret fast enough to hit them back.

I remember a lot of griping about SPGs back when I played before, playing last night they didn't seem to be so soul-crushing as before.

I saw a few tank destroyers that I couldn't really make a dent in, so I packed up and moved elsewhere until I could find some flank shots. I feel like in general I'm glancing off of tanks a lot more than I used to.

I've noticed a lot more little plink plink plink guns on tanks. I don't know if they were shooting gold rounds, but one of my KV's on siegfried line seemed to be taking a shot every other second or so, with a lot of them dealing small amounts of damage.

Japan and China are new to me, France was partially out when I played before. Playing a line from one of the new ones sounds like a solid idea.

Thanks for the advice and info Smile. Especially that you can now buy gold rounds using silver now, that's a great update.

ALSO THE TURRETS POP OFF? I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT.
Had no idea you we're into WoT this much, I'll have to platoon with ya some time. May not have much on my new account but don't let that fool a I've been playing since closed beat!

Out of the night that covers me, Black as the Pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be, For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance. I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance. My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears. Looms but the Horror of the shade, And yet the menace of the years. Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
(11-26-2014, 02:34 PM)Hodor Wrote:  ALSO THE TURRETS POP OFF? I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT.

First game I played when they added that patch; I got an ammo rack shot on the enemy, his turret popped off and landed on the tank next to him (who had full HP), despite his efforts to shake it off, It ended up killing him through constant hit damage. It didn't award me the kill, but its like if you make someone TK in warband, you know its yours. It made my top 10 tanking moments at number 1 and was one of the only two times I've ever seen it happen. Other one did not result in a tank death.

Oh yea, they added new maps too; and got rid of some old ones; AND changed some of the existing ones. I dunno the whole list, however.