Portal   Forum   Memberlist   Search   Online Players
  10-18-2018, 10:45 AM

Forum Update 10/11/2014
UPDATE: The Forum will go down at approximately 8pm est. (7pm central, and 5pm pst.) Since this is a large upgrade I am not really sure how long it will take, but I don't expect it taking too long. You will know the forum is back up when everything starts working again.

So,
Our long awaited updated for mybb from 1.6 to 1.8 has finally come. We've been waiting a while for this with the wide variety of new features and stuffs. This update will take place this weekend. Since I don't know my schedule yet I will post a reply with the approximate time this will happen

Rest assured, our forums database is backed up once a day. Sparhawk, Wolflo, and I will each download a separate backup due to me being paranoid about the last update. Once we download our backups for extra safety I will be shutting the forums down to avoid data loss.

Since we will be upgrading versions there may be a few glitches once it's completed. I highly doubt we will have any major problems but data loss will not be one of them. Some of the major things I am concerned with will be our plugins for anti spam and bots and stuff so we will be watching those.

If you have any questions let me know here. Since we assume our theme will be useless after the update(most old versions of mybb are) sparhawk is already looking for new themes.

Edit: Wolflo I had the wrong date on the post and you failed to catch it!!!!
Thanks!
--
Sento

[Image: vrRUxdy.png]
On a side note: I added a TS viewer to the portal page...even though it'll probably be useless once we update. oh well, I know how its done now so next time it'll be quick.

I also changed the margin for the site to take up 90% space, let me know if you encounter any obvious problems (depending on if we change theme this weekend, it may become irrelevant)

[Image: o5eSRUd.png]
(10-06-2014, 05:50 PM)Sento Wrote:  UPDATE: The Forum will go down at approximately 8pm est. (7pm central, and 5pm pst.) Since this is a large upgrade I am not really sure how long it will take, but I don't expect it taking too long. You will know the forum is back up when everything starts working again.

So,
Our long awaited updated for mybb from 1.6 to 1.8 has finally come. We've been waiting a while for this with the wide variety of new features and stuffs. This update will take place this weekend. Since I don't know my schedule yet I will post a reply with the approximate time this will happen

Rest assured, our forums database is backed up once a day. Sparhawk, Wolflo, and I will each download a separate backup due to me being paranoid about the last update. Once we download our backups for extra safety I will be shutting the forums down to avoid data loss.

Since we will be upgrading versions there may be a few glitches once it's completed. I highly doubt we will have any major problems but data loss will not be one of them. Some of the major things I am concerned with will be our plugins for anti spam and bots and stuff so we will be watching those.

If you have any questions let me know here. Since we assume our theme will be useless after the update(most old versions of mybb are) sparhawk is already looking for new themes.

Edit: Wolflo I had the wrong date on the post and you failed to catch it!!!!
Thanks!
--
Sento
w32

Order 66 is at hand. 5000 strong
w32......................................

Order 66 is at hand. 5000 strong