Portal   Forum   Memberlist   Search   Online Players
  07-07-2020, 03:47 PM

Job you should never do
Thought some of you might enjoy this article, for me it really hit home. Having been in a similar situation last year, not sure what to do with my life and considering the rash decision of moving to Alaska to work on a fish processing boat, after explaining my dilemma to one of our clan members, he talked me out of it, a few months later I landed a new job which so far has been a great learning experience and I can honestly say I enjoy the work. Anyway, here's the article and my favorite quote from it:

"You know, … I made loads of money in my life. I also spent loads of money in my life. And women? I had so many of them, they kinda bore me now. But all of that made me realize that work is not about money. Work comes down to whether ya get a sense of fulfillment out of it or not, no matter what it is you do. The one type of work you should never do is the type that doesn't fulfill you. That's something money can't buy. Does your work give you a sense of fulfillment?"

http://yourstory.com/2015/01/job-not-to-do/

[Image: eaqogw.png] [Image: 76561198018913673.png]
Harry Chapin quoting his grandfather Wrote: “Harry, there’s two kinds of tired. There’s good tired and there’s bad tired.” He said, “Ironically enough, bad tired can be a day that you won. But you won other people’s battles, you lived other people’s days, other people’s agendas, other people’s dreams. And when it’s all over, there was very little you in there. And when you hit the hay at night, somehow you toss and turn; you don’t settle easy. It’s that good tired, ironically enough, can be a day that you lost, but you don’t even have to tell yourself because you knew you fought your battles, you chased your dreams, you lived your days and when you hit the hay at night, you settle easy, you sleep the sleep of the just and you say ‘take me away’”