Portal   Forum   Memberlist   Search   Online Players
  09-20-2019, 12:07 PM

GK Stack
Wow that's a lot of GK and friends on TS! Looks like it was great!

[Image: elf-archer_celtic_png_350px.png]
Aide toi, le ciel t'aidera.
Lots of fun as always, I believe we peaked at 96 players on the server with around 26 people, on average, with GK. Thank you LBJ for organizing it and thanks Leo for getting the pop Kickstarted right before the event.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." Plato
"Greed is a sin, unless it's a Halfling."
Good event guys. Smile
This was fun. Thank you LBJ for organizing it and all the admins for their hard work!
Glad everyone enjoyed it, good turnout for a Wednesday night and short notice. If I host this again I'd plan a week in advance and maybe do it on the weekend instead. Open to criticism too, anything you'd like to see done differently or ideas that could make it more fun next time don't hesitate to post.

Big thanks to all the admins ensuring it went smoothly, GK members, DoF, Chessclub, and everyone else who participated.

[Image: eaqogw.png] [Image: 76561198018913673.png]
It was a fun and good event but please don't make us Saranids again. Also, if you put bowmen defenders against xbow attackers when the defenders are at lower pop, it's going to highlight the disparities between xbows and bows. I couldn't do the same kind of damage as a vager bowman on Dragonstone as I would've liked. Although I admit vager bowman can be very powerful, they need to kind of reach a critical mass, otherwise the odd vager bowman is going to receive a sniper bolt when they stop moving to take a shot.

One thing to think about in the future is having a map that favors cavalry, just to see how a stack would work out with massed cav. Attacking Stonehenge would've been cool to try out but not sure if it'd be fun in actual practice.
Oh man, I'm all in for Stonehenge.

Nope.
Rock fort or bust. Swads on D vs Nid attackers. GK defends. I would put us 30 vs 70 hands down win

"Crack Shot. One Shot. One Kill."

Best songs ever- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qklYFKA8kl0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wY6i5vRlUU

Someday my arrows will find you,
Pierce that armor that binds you,
One shot, will remind you
You're up against de Montalban!

If I should ever miss you,
Don't fret, next one will kiss you,
One shot, will remiss you
you're up against de Montalban!

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread
winding its way through our political and cultural
life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy
means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”
- Dr. Isaac Asimov

(01-14-2016, 12:22 PM)LBJ Wrote:  If I host this again I'd plan a week in advance and maybe do it on the weekend instead. 

A friday or saturday at 8pm EST for example....  Angel

[Image: elf-archer_celtic_png_350px.png]
Aide toi, le ciel t'aidera.
Video 
Hey guys, just wanted to say big thanks for the invite and hosting the event!

Here's the first (of two) videos I recorded of the event: