Portal   Forum   Memberlist   Search   Online Players
  12-11-2018, 09:16 AM

DnD Redux
(05-21-2016, 06:15 AM)CarefulDeath Wrote:  I certainly wouldn't mind it and would add a little more context to your character. I do have some questions though, would these replace the bonuses from racial traits? Or would they stack with them? If they stack and you're worried about some folks having a really excellent stat, it might be good to consider feats to represent the areas as well. Just another possibility.

I rather like that thought, I'm looking at the feats now.

They were intended to stack, but not to go above 18.
I see, it's up to you, if you don't find any feats that would generally fit with what you're going for you could home brew the feats with something simple like: Vantanas: Frontier survival: +2 to survival checks and -1 to lore checks for example.

[Image: 19.jpg]

[Image: 1.jpg]

Oh Glorious Theme music I have found you.

A Heartbeat that lasts for eternity. Lives consumed in soundless balls of fire. No one can tell when the world is displaced & the Flames of the Crimson World sweep over all.
I love the idea, I want each continent to have something that would make players invested in thinking about where they come from, even if it only relates to their stats. Probably best to come up with custom feats; which i keep forgetting I can do, heh.

[Image: Derpy-Lavalamp-Gif.gif]
So, i have a crude version of fog of war working, maps should work so much better this time around! WOOOOOOOOOO!
Name: Theotian Yarttar

Days of the week you are available (time too if it applies, like after #O'clock)(I don't care when you're not available): SUUUUUNDAY 7 pm east onwards. can be 6 but iffy.
A guess of how long that will for for you (like, until school starts again in august):   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Q7b-vHY3Q
Character Name: Rojav CHANGED IT TO GUTS
Character Class: PALADIN

If Doom had a sword...

PW assassin Deathstroke

"if you must fall let it be to an worthy blade " - Theotian 10/11/2014
We have roughly enough people to start...

I'm thinking of doing 27 point buy this time around. ( http://1-dot-encounter-planner.appspot.com/point-buy-calculator.html ), unless people are really attached to rolling for stats. I've also decided not to do stats or feats for each continent. If anyone has a question on making their characters let me know; figured i'd beat this to the punch if people were working on theirs.

I believe point buy goes up to a base 15 of any stat (then add race bonus).
Available most days in the evening or night-time
Character Name: Vekreyl of Blackstone
Character Class: Abjurer (Wizard)
Reason for Exile: Vigilantism

Vekreyl hails from Blackstone on Pralgad Island, seat of the Empire. His family (a mix of soldiers and traders), suffered substantially in the purges and turmoil that surrounded the accession of Hawthorne III.

Scarred by the experience in his childhood of seeing family and acquaintances dragged away (never to be seen again) due to mere suspicions of being a threat to the new order of the succeeding Emperor (or in his view, jealousy of his family's prosperity by other local magnates), and seeing that steel and a strong arm alone weren't enough to safeguard one's family and possessions, he sought an education in the harnessing of magic energy, specifically protective magics. He is obsessed with combatting injustice of any scale, and will use any means he can feasibly get away with.

To this end, Vekreyl is often infuriated with the slow, methodical pace of imperial bureaucracy (though he and his family benefited much from the infrastructure and opportunities, such as education, that this bureaucracy allows for), particularly in regards to law and order, and is not above "speeding it up" in his own view. One such incident, which resulted in an angry mob pillorying a corrupt magistrate, as well as his previous and continued formation and leadership of a vigilante committee (and the subsequent beatings administered to some local toughs), resulted in his exile.

Vekreyl is misanthropic, spartan, and determined. When he sees actions he believes to be morally wrong, he assesses the situation and acts accordingly to "correct" the state of affairs. While preferring the direct approach, he can be as patient as a spider and as ruthless as a mongoose if it ensures an optimal end result to his efforts. He seeks power by any means which he believes he is strong enough (in all senses of the word) to utilize, in order to better protect and propagate his own brand of justice.

In addition to his magical training, Vekreyl has leadership qualities and served in the Imperial Army as a low-level officer.

His present goal is to make the best of the situation in Exile, to gain power and experience with which he can return to Pralgad and Blackstone, to "set things right".

[Image: NIAjtfg.png]
Name: Derpy
Days of the Week: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday; for the foreseeable future, subject to change.
Character Name: Avangelyne Proudpie
Character Class: Warlock
What your character is sent to Avernum for: Being a failed experiment.

A brief history of your character:
Avangelyne was born in the city of Sakagrad on the continent of Pralgad. The Proudpie clan had a couple of well run pie shops, selling meat pies to the traders who came to the port. It was a good business for a non-human, and they mostly kept out of the way of the authorities and paid their taxes, and then some. Every now and again, they got taken advantage of, but they enjoyed doing what they did, and the townspeople enjoyed their food. Avangelyne, however, was the second daughter of a nephew of the leader of the Proudpies, and not very interested in the clan business and far removed from it. Magic had interested her, and she sent an application to study at the Imperius School of Magic.

Sadly, once she arrived she was informed that she had not been accepted as a student, but as part of support staff, cleaning and cooking. Crushed, but without funding to return home again Avangelyne began working in the kitchens. Not long after, one of the senior mages took a special interest in her, and terminated her working position. Most of the school believed she had gone home, instead she because a test subject.

After a few years being an Imperial guinea pig, an inquisition was launched by the court wizard, Garzahd. The mage who had been doing research not sanctioned by the state was executed as were his top aids; Avangelyne and a couple other subjects and workers were jailed, most being sentenced to exile from the Empire to Avernum to prevent word of the problem getting out and to remove anyone who could have been tampered with.

Fears: you'll have to find that one out, but it's there.

[Image: Ava%20Normal_zpsi7vqhlrf.png]
(a made a new folder, old link was broke. lol)

Also, a side note; if you need a token made, PM me a picture and I'll make a token for you.
(05-30-2016, 05:03 PM)Derpy Wrote:  We have roughly enough people to start...

I'm thinking of doing 27 point buy this time around. ( http://1-dot-encounter-planner.appspot.com/point-buy-calculator.html ), unless people are really attached to rolling for stats. I've also decided not to do stats or feats for each continent. If anyone has a question on making their characters let me know; figured i'd beat this to the punch if people were working on theirs.

I believe point buy goes up to a base 15 of any stat (then add race bonus).

I certainly don't have a problem with doing it that way, As long as people don't min-max too hard I think it should be fine.

[Image: 1.jpg]

Oh Glorious Theme music I have found you.

A Heartbeat that lasts for eternity. Lives consumed in soundless balls of fire. No one can tell when the world is displaced & the Flames of the Crimson World sweep over all.
If anyone has a picture for the party icon they can post that too, otherwise I'll use the same one as last time.

I've done a few more maps and fleshed out some of the ones that were partially finished, and gotten a fair chunk of the world map done; it is much more epic then last game's world map and should have the same dynamic exploration that i showcased earlier in the local maps; kind of like a ghetto fog of war work around. It is fairly work intensive, but I think the reward is worth the effort. I still have a bit of work to do on items, loot, stores, economy and that type of thing, but I've got some plans for that too.

I'm looking at a first session around the 19th, but there is a slight chance that I  wont be in town that day; and it is dependent on people having all the pre-work done for their characters.