10-19-2018, 07:51 AM

Poll: What do you think?
Discord
TS3
I have no knowledge of Discord but willing to try it
I have no knowledge of Discord and do not want any change
Don't care, all hail JaXm
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Discord Vs TS3 - Vote
So I have been toying with the concept of moving our official platform over to Discord... There are alot of pros and cons for both.

What I would like to hear is from you all what you would want

***Note*** This is mainly for people have expierence using both TS3 and Discord so as to make an informed decision. If you do not know what Discord is and simply vote for TS3 due to not wanting to change, please pay attention to the polling options.

Keep in mind the results of this poll will not determine one way or another on which platform to continue with.
Discord is really ad-hoc compared to TS. This makes it harder to have a single point of contact. I don't mind people wanting to use it, but TS seems better for having an easy group meeting place.
The disadvantage of Discord that really bugs me is the ability to just instant join channels. Such as in TS you can regulate the ability to join channels or even see if people are in those channels. Discord is one link then done.
(02-27-2017, 08:14 PM)Veni_Vidi_Vici Wrote:  Discord is really ad-hoc compared to TS. This makes it harder to have a single point of contact. I don't mind people wanting to use it, but TS seems better for having an easy group meeting place.

(02-27-2017, 08:56 PM)Quake Wrote:  The disadvantage of Discord that really bugs me is the ability to just instant join channels. Such as in TS you can regulate the ability to join channels or even see if people are in those channels. Discord is one link then done.

I agree with the above statements. I could understand it if we were incorporating a large number of people who only use discord, and this was an attempt to bolster interactions between the community, but I feel even less people would get on a discord server than the ts we already have. Most of the people we coordinate events with already have ts, so its much easier for us when we host stuff to do so on ts.

"Crack Shot. One Shot. One Kill."

Best songs ever- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qklYFKA8kl0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wY6i5vRlUU

Someday my arrows will find you,
Pierce that armor that binds you,
One shot, will remind you
You're up against de Montalban!

If I should ever miss you,
Don't fret, next one will kiss you,
One shot, will remiss you
you're up against de Montalban!

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread
winding its way through our political and cultural
life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy
means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”
- Dr. Isaac Asimov

Discord has the benefits of the fact it keeps messages long after you log off and come back on and you can recap any thing you may of had to miss.

The downside imo is that I like the diversity of the TS channels compared to Discord, as well as I feel the audio/mic usage on TS is better then discord.

But since I already use both, I don't really care what we do.
To be clear; I am all in favor of people using Discord if they want to! I just want the official stuff to be TS.
Agreed with Zealots, though I have to add that I would probably be more active on Discord since it launches on startup and automatically connects to groups. I know TS can be configured to do that too, but with Discord you can choose when you want to join a voice channel so it's less of a hassle to keep it running all of the time. Discord also shows what games other people are playing, even non-Steam games.
A thing I forgot to add was what Rubbing said. It's a nice way to communicate with people while not needing to be in voice chat. Also much easier to use while on Mobile. So you can easily pitch in your own thoughts into a conversation happening.
I would prefer discord. I just find it much more user friendly and it would make it easier for people wanting to communicate to join. It's slick and the app is really nice so you can still communicate if you're not at your desktop. I know everyone was waiting for my feedback

Best Bastard NA
Best Old Person NA
Best Person at being Old NA?
I'm always on Discord myself, it has nice features to share and bots to play music or voices too.

Vivre dans l'honneur, Mourir dans la gloire.