Portal   Forum   Memberlist   Search   Online Players
  05-26-2019, 08:08 PM

Platournament 4/29 & 4/30 9:30pm EST
https://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000572/

With D&D being infeasible for Sunday, I figured I'd take another stab at this. I am gauging interest/availability with this message, and will register tomorrow night if we have enough. 

4 players, 3 in and one bench. Interestingly, the maximum tier is 6, with a capped total of 17, so this essentially means two 6s and a 5. 

If you want to do this, and also are able to, kindly reply here, and also tell me which tier 5s and 6s you own that fit the following criteria: 

1. You enjoy playing the tank. 

2. You have confidence in your abilities in that machine. For instance, I wouldn't run someone who plays mostly heavy tanks into the field in a light. I place a much higher value on your playing with a tank you believe in your ability to be effective in while driving than I do on your playing a tank you lack confidence or experience in but which might better suit a pre-set strategy or conception of an "ideal" platoon loadout. 

3. Are equipped, and also carry highly trained crews. At a minimum, 1 skill complete (sixth sense being vital) is how I would begin to define highly trained. 2 would be ideal. Equipped refers to appropriate complex and simple equipment ready-mounted on the tank, rather than just having something to throw on. For instance, if we send you out there in an M6 or a KV-85, having camo nets and binocular telescopes is technically "equipped", but adds virtually no combat effectiveness to the tank. Nor would putting a spall liner on a Chaffee. 

I look forward to fighting alongside you guys again, it has been far too long. 

[Image: NIAjtfg.png]
chainsawpunisher Wrote:1. You enjoy playing the tank.

2. You have confidence in your abilities in that machine. For instance, I wouldn't run someone who plays mostly heavy tanks into the field in a light. I place a much higher value on your playing with a tank you believe in your ability to be effective in while driving than I do on your playing a tank you lack confidence or experience in but which might better suit a pre-set strategy or conception of an "ideal" platoon loadout.

3. Are equipped, and also carry highly trained crews. At a minimum, 1 skill complete (sixth sense being vital)

The only tank I own in all tiers that meets the above criteria is my SU-100. This is why I can never be interested in the competitive side of the game... Skill and luck are a factor but they aren't the only factor. Crew training is balls. Happy to play casually though.

[Image: meWCZmj.png][Image: 9CsjuZz.jpg]
(04-27-2017, 11:43 PM)Shawrin Wrote:  
chainsawpunisher Wrote:1. You enjoy playing the tank.

3. Are equipped, and also carry highly trained crews. At a minimum, 1 skill complete (sixth sense being vital)

The only tank I own in all tiers that meets the above criteria is my SU-100. This is why I can never be interested in the competitive side of the game... Skill and luck are a factor but they aren't the only factor. Crew training is balls. Happy to play casually though.

Oh, I understand your view of crew skills. Your argument is a valid one, depending on one's perspective.

Just to be clear, I wasn't advocating one grind a crew to skill. This will be a casual competitive fight.

Most of my highly skilled crews happened organically, just by playing a tank a great deal, rather than deliberate training.

The SU-100 is a vehicle I have confidence in you in, having seen you play it many times. Remind me, do you use 100 or 122?

Make a team and I'll join.

Most of my VIs are not the best for comp play; I've got a chaffee for a V scout. Sand river is probably going to make it a sneaking/scouting match, so fast mediums and lights would most likely come into play, less likely for heavies, slow mediums, SPGs and TDs to be useful.
(04-28-2017, 08:15 PM)Derpy Wrote:  Make a team and I'll join.

Most of my VIs are not the best for comp play; I've got a chaffee for a V scout. Sand river is probably going to make it a sneaking/scouting match, so fast mediums and lights would most likely come into play, less likely for heavies, slow mediums, SPGs and TDs to be useful.

Team is up, sending PMs with the info. GK Armored Division is the team name.

I agree with your assessment of Sand River. All I was saying is that I'd rather someone played a tank they know than a tank they do not, even if, if all things were equal (and they obviously are not and cannot be), that tank would be considered sub-optimal. I intend to make the best tactical choices off of the tanks people give me 

That being said, which 6s and 5s that you own fit the criteria I outlined above, Derpy?

Middle of the pack at the end of day 1. 5th out of 9. Think we're working a bit better together then in the past, knowing when to draw and whatnot. Calling was fine (by Chain), the people we lost to were quality players, and a couple times it seemed to come down to RNG, a shot missed here or there adds up. When we had it together, we all ganged up and massed fire and brought down the enemy (except when they had heavies and we picked them apart; which was the right thing to do). I think we need to work most on every one engaging at the same time, at the same target, and then following up with the same next target; which includes falling back to our fellows a bit faster and being mindful of supporting everyone. While we might have lost to better teams, the one that sticks out in my mind is when I peaked around a dune and they were coming at us like a closed fist, we still seemed to be in spread (for eyes on all directions) and it could have gone a bit better. Only playing more and practice will get us there.

Good fights all; also thoughts on the fight are good.
Good luck fellow GK's in the tourny! Big Grin

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 76561198101510576.png]
[Image: vTvin.png]

http://wotreplays.com/site/3543497?secret=b6a562ba6541492bdf7e772716be83da

Last match of the night. Shows us playing our game rather than the opponent's, and why not to use heavy tanks in such matches.