Portal   Forum   Memberlist   Search   Online Players
  10-18-2018, 10:02 AM

Mystic_Mushrooms application
Thumbs Up 
Name of your choice:  Nick - or Marlin (if existing nicks are present Big Grin)
In-game Alias:  Mystic_Mushroom (Formerly Vladislav_the_Poker and The_Kurgan)
Time Zone:  EST
Age**:  29
Recruited by*:  Nobody - but i play your server every day and you seem like cool peoples. and i need a home Tongue
Preferred Troop Class*:  Infantry - good with swadia and saranid / decent with the rest

1. Why do you want to join GK?   Because i play on your server religiously... its the only populated one with low ping is what drew me to it. But playing here 3 or so years i've gotten to meet some of your cooler regulars

2. Do you promise to follow the Golden Code of Conduct? The no bigotry / racism / etc rules? absolutely. In the spirit of transparency, admittedly one of the GK memebers banned me for using the N word while we were talking about music, wu tang clan in particular. And no, i absolutely did not use the hard r. But i'm on your server daily, anyone can see my behaviour i fight fair and don't talk smack.

3. Why does GK stand out to you above the other clans*? It seems to be not only the most populated from what i've seen, but by far the most active.

4. Anything else you would like us to know*? I just really love playing on your server, and as such i'd love to be part of the team. I give my word you wont be disappointed.
Never seen him break the rules and he always destroys me. Vouch

easy breezy beautiful
Good luck on the app.

Just wanted to say something about the variation from using an er to the softer more commonly accepted term and how the administration views it when concerning that word.

While some words have undeniable meaning, other more commonly accepted terms are murky and require context. In that case it's easier to avoid unclear situations based on a contextual basis and in order to prevent trolls from using the more acceptable terms in place of the undeniable ones and gives a chance to apply the rule evenly across the board to maintain fairness and prevent even the perception of favoritism on the server.

The main reason for the no spoiler rule was for game of thrones for instance. However, people on the server when then start with events everyone knows from star wars and the Bible and then edge into game of thrones spoilers. To curtail the behavior, this meant applying the rule strictly to all spoilers. So basically if we seem overly strict in enforcing rules at times, remember that somewhere at some time  someone pushed the envelope. So basically, this is why we can't have nice things so to speak.

Apologies for the long-winded explanation... I tend to make long-winded posts, but again good luck on the application!

[Image: 19.jpg]

[Image: 1.jpg]

Oh Glorious Theme music I have found you.

A Heartbeat that lasts for eternity. Lives consumed in soundless balls of fire. No one can tell when the world is displaced & the Flames of the Crimson World sweep over all.
Vouch, Good luck! i don't remember banning him or even warned him about something in the past.

[Image: 1029968.png]
(07-30-2018, 07:30 AM)CarefulDeath Wrote:  Good luck on the app.

Just wanted to say something about the variation from using an er to the softer more commonly accepted term and how the administration views it when concerning that word.

While some words have undeniable meaning, other more commonly accepted terms are murky and require context. In that case it's easier to avoid unclear situations based on a contextual basis and in order to prevent trolls from using the more acceptable terms in place of the undeniable ones and gives a chance to apply the rule evenly across the board to maintain fairness and prevent even the perception of favoritism on the server.

The main reason for the no spoiler rule was for game of thrones for instance. However, people on the server when then start with events everyone knows from star wars and the Bible and then edge into game of thrones spoilers. To curtail the behavior, this meant applying the rule strictly to all spoilers. So basically if we seem overly strict in enforcing rules at times, remember that somewhere at some time  someone pushed the envelope. So basically, this is why we can't have nice things so to speak.

Apologies for the long-winded explanation... I tend to make long-winded posts, but again good luck on the application!

Thanks for the clarification, and i understand completely. In full disclosure i made a post in anger about it because i had assumed it was a full ban from server, and i'd like to extend an apology for some choice words i left in that post. I just love your TDM server and was upset by getting band, got a little over passionate if you will. I called out Rubbing by name in the post and i'd like to apologize to him as well, i remember him from the server way back before he was GK (I was playing under my starting aliases back then)
One last question before i'll let you GK crew deliver your verdict... do you guys talk to recruits on TS3 or Discord? I log into TS but no one seems to be on when i log
I haven't seen you on the Discord. Feel free to pop in and say hi.

Second Sino-Japanese War (War of Resistance Against Japan, Eight Years' War of Resistance, Fourteen Years' War of Resistance, 抗日战争, 抗日戰爭, 八年抗战, 八年抗戰, 抗战, 抗戰, 十四年抗战, 十四年抗戰, Global Anti-Fascist War)
(07-30-2018, 06:06 PM)OfMCMXXXVII Wrote:  I haven't seen you on the Discord.  Feel free to pop in and say hi.

Thanks, i'm chillin in there now all alone at the moment, but i'll be on WB the rest of the night