Portal   Forum   Memberlist   Search   Online Players
  04-22-2019, 04:14 AM

Assistant Admin Thread
Several years ago, GK used to employ admins from outside of the clan to help regulate the servers and, by extention, build trust with other communities. It was undone during one of GK's major restructures for various reasons, one of which was likely security. Since then, we've merged the Adimi Admin Module and its WSE functions with NeoGK. Adimi utilizes a tier system that allows us to trust players outside of the clan with responsibility with very little risk to us. Giving out passwords are no longer necessary because of this and, using WSE, these privileges can be given and taken away on a whim by GK chief admins without restarting the server and inconveniencing everyone. Tiers ranging from 0-10 determine what abilities and access the trusted players will have, but said players will most likely never have more than what's necessary, e.g. server messages and kicking. Full disclaimer: attaining admin through this system will be much harder and the trusted player will be under more scrutiny, despite very limited accessibility.

Edit: Under construction.

Starting today, we'll be bringing it back for the foreseeable future.

-----------------

Please read the following instructions carefully, then copy and paste the application form in a new post in this thread. You are required to answer all questions below.

Do I want to be an admin for the power I will have?

Do I want to be an admin to defend myself with my new admin powers against rule breakers on the server?

Do I want to be an admin so I can feel better than others?

List all previous admin experience you have with any other forum, game or clan.

Explain why you feel you would be a good admin.

Do you vow to use admin responsibly and abide by the training you will receive if chosen?

Note: Posting an application will not mean you receive a response. It just gives us a record of your desire and the qualifications you may have. Do not expect a response unless we decide to select you for the position, thus please do not ask about your application once its posted. If you inquire about the status of your application then we will automatically disqualify you from any consideration for the position. Thank you.
1) In a way, because it is important that there is someone on the server at all times who has enough power to ensure that the rules are being upheld and that there are not one or two people on the server trying to intentionally tk, incite toxic/discriminatory discussions, etc (or otherwise disrupt the server or ruin the experience for others)

2) No, but if there is someone intentionally tking, etc, then I will protect the players on the server from such abuse, including myself.

3) I already feel pretty good about myself, so no Wink

4) No online admin experience; but plenty of experience managing classrooms from ages 12-21

5) I have a lot of experience upholding rules in real life scenarios and a lot of experience being a part of the community on US GK TDM; I know what the community is like and am aware of the server rules and of the precedent set by other admins. I am also very used to exercising a degree of patience and restraint and making an effort to withhold my own personal feelings from judgement. I am also open to constructive criticism and any coaching offered by senior members.

6) Yes! Smile

Thank you for considering my application for Assistant Admin,
- January
Do I want to be an admin for the power I will have?
The power to punish trash tier rule breakers, yes. I've been recording videos and uploading them on the forum. It's a tedious process so admin powers would make it easier.

Do I want to be an admin to defend myself with my new admin powers against rule breakers on the server?
Yes, I've been doing that for years since GK_DM went down and DK_TDM opened up.

Do I want to be an admin so I can feel better than others?
I'm best goblin NA. Already feel better than others. Don't need admin power for that.

List all previous admin experience you have with any other forum, game or clan.
Been DMing a D&D game for 7 of my friends IRL. Not exactly the same, but similar.

Explain why you feel you would be a good admin.
Cuz I hate trash tier rule breakers and I have already been doing my part in the past.

Do you vow to use admin responsibly and abide by the training you will receive if chosen?
Yes. I will show you that goblins are a trustworthy and honourable race.

Best Goblin NA

Confirmed